We will travel straight to SkyVenture Indoor Skydiving, 100 Adventure Way (formerly 3 Poisson Ave), Nashua, NH.
There will be at least two separate group sessions of not
more than 12 people each.
From there, we will travel to the Friendly Beaver Campground, 98 Cochran Hill Road, New Boston, NH.
We will have the opportunity swim in their indoor heated pool, as well as reinforce our winter camping skills, including digging snow cave shelters if there’s enough snow. Bring your winter gear and your suit and towel!!!
We will meet at CVS’s rear parking lot at 7:30 AM on Feb 11th, and leave no later than 8 AM.
Scouts should eat breakfast before leaving.
We will return to the CVS parking lot Sunday morning by around 10-11AM, and will call from the road when we get close.
Personal Gear (suitable for Winter in NH! - see also the Scout Handbook):
1. Backpack (smaller better) w/ pack cover or large plastic bag
2. Sleeping bag (0-20 deg)
3. Sleeping pad
4. Winter Hiking Boots, waterproof
5. 2 pr Heavy-weight hiking socks (liner socks optional)
6. Base-layer thermal under-garments
7. Long-sleeve mid-layer shirt (no cotton)
8. Long pants (thermal/fleece, no cotton)
9. Winter shell / snow pants
10. Winter Coat or Shell w/ liner
11. Fleece Jacket, sweater or other extra layer
12. Waterproof gloves/Mittens, Hat/Balaclava
13. Mess-kit (cup, bowl, spork)
14. 1-liter water bottle
15. Small shovel / scoop to dig snow cave/shelter
16. Plastic tarp / ground cloth for snow cave
17. (the regulars) headlamp, pocketknife, toiletries, hand/foot warmers, small 1st aid kit
PLUS : Swimsuit and towel!